It is a 100% extra pale malt extract in powder form (dry). The concentrated wort is light beige in color, has no boiling process and no hop additions. It has a pleasant taste and characteristic malty aroma.
- Color: 4-6 EBC (2-3 Lovibond) at 8°brix
- Usage: Can be used at 100%
- Ideal for adjusting density in a recipe
- Yeast propagation
- Especially for breweries that want to increase their production capacity or improve the efficiency of the brewing process.
- Easy handling.
- Less use of storage space than grains.
They are made from pearled barley and undergo a thermal process that gelatinizes the starch.
Barley flakes improve body and foam retention by providing non-fermentable sugars and soluble proteins.
- Cereal flavor and low color.
- Lower fat content compared to oats
- Color: < 2 EBC
- Use: Up to 15%.